It is our goal to feature new Passport destinations each year in order to keep the program fresh and exciting for repeat participants. We do feature some past Passport stops, but we usually give stops a few years before they are rotated back on. The themed tours change each year.
Discover some of Nebraska’s hidden gems. You’ll be excited to share stories of these surprising adventures with your friends.
Brownville Historic Area
Try to visit both! Get your stamp at either:
Flatwater Folk Art Museum
– Brownville, 609 Main St.
– Fri 1-4pm; Sat 1-4pm; Sun 1-4pm; Call for appointment outside of regular hours
Located in a beautifully renovated church, this museum’s impressive collection of American folk art reflects the human spirit and passion of common folk.
Whiskey Run Creek Vineyard & Winery
– Brownville, 702 Main St.
– Wed-Thurs 10am-5pm; Fri-Sat 10am-6pm; Sun 1-5pm
Between the 100-year-old barn relocated to span the creek, to the turn-of-the-century all brick cave, Whiskey Run Creek is an engaging escape as well as a provider of wines and gifts.
Chez Bubba Café
– Goehner, 1234 May St.
– Mon-Thurs 11am-9pm; Fri & Sat 11am-11pm; Sun 11am-8pm
Enjoy mouth-watering barbeque, steaks, home-ground burgers and more in a welcoming, family-friendly atmosphere.
Chili Dawg’s Foods of Fire
– Blair, 1940 Ridgeview Rd.
– Tues-Fri 11am-6pm; Sat 9am-3pm
In addition to featuring their own products, Chili Dawg’s offers fiery foods from across the country. Free samples. Passport travelers receive a special discount and can enter a drawing.
Clayton Museum of Ancient History at York College
– York, 1125 E 8th St.
– Tues-Fri 10am-5pm; Sat 1-4pm
This new museum is home to a rare collection of artifacts from the ancient world, including the Roman Empire. For children, an interactive play area is open afternoons at 1pm.
Gibbons Honey Farms
– Crawford, 102 Main St.
– Tues-Sat 10:30am-5pm
This charming store features pure honey that is produced in Nebraska, as well as natural products made with honey and products from the hive.
G.W. Frank Museum of History and Culture
– Kearney, 2010 University Dr.
– Tues-Fri 1-5pm; Sat-Sun 12-5pm
Located in an 1889 mansion, the Frank Museum is a history museum and cultural center on the University of Nebraska-Kearney campus.
Pawnee City Historical Society & Museum
– Pawnee City, 529 P St.
– Wed-Sat 10am-12pm & 1-4pm
This museum features 22 buildings filled with interesting memorabilia, including items from well-known celebrities. Passport travelers will have a fun photo opportunity.
Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed
– Lincoln, 599 Oak Creek Dr.
– Mon-Fri 12-4:30pm; Sat 9am-1pm
This world-class museum features artifacts from every area and genre of automotive racing. The vast collection also includes art and music-related items.
Take a little time to relax and rejuvenate. Slow down and enjoy the little things while you explore Nebraska.
A Little Inspiration
– Geneva, 966 G St.
– Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm; Sat 9am-4pm
Located near the beautiful Fillmore County Courthouse, this delightful store offers home decor, gifts and floral arrangements. Passport travelers receive a special discount.
Chapman Swifts Coffee House
– Kearney, 2400 Central Ave.
– Mon-Sat 7am-6pm; Sun 10am-4pm
Enjoy hand-crafted coffee that’s rich and smooth with pure, fresh flavors and scrumptious homemade pastries in a cozy setting. Located near the Museum of Nebraska Art.
– McCook, 110 West 3rd St.
– Mon-Tues 11am-3pm; Wed-Sun 11am-9pm
This local, family owned Italian style deli offers gourmet sandwiches, soups, pastas, salads, entrees and homemade desserts. Passport travelers receive a special deal.
Double L Country Store and Cafe
– Harrisburg, 2213 Highway 71
– Mon-Thurs 8am-4pm; Fri 8am-8pm; Sat 8am-4pm
This farm-to-table menu features locally produced beef, pork, chicken, eggs, honey, produce and ice cream, and the gift shop features local artists. Passport travelers receive a special discount.
– Omaha, 100 Bancroft St.
– Daily 9am-5pm
Featuring more than twenty themed gardens, visitors are invited to immerse themselves in an incredible sensory experience.
Positively You Boutique
– Central City, 916 16th St.
– Mon 12:30-5:30pm; Tues-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm; Sat 9:30am-2pm
This special store features items that remind you to “think positive!” and gifts for life’s special moments. Also be sure to stop by Central City’s new Heartland Veterans Memorial.
Smith Falls State Park
– Valentine, 90165 Smith Falls Rd.
– Daily 8am-5pm
Home to Nebraska’s highest waterfall, this park is a popular destination to experience the Niobrara River. An area of biological significance, ice age species can still be found here.
Something Special by Marilyn
– Atkinson, 204 South Main St.
– Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; Sat 9am-4pm
This unique shopping destination features four levels of gifts, decor and year-round holiday treasures. Passport travelers receive a complimentary cup of gourmet coffee or tea.
Explore unique places that will open your eyes to the many exciting travel experiences that Nebraska has to offer.
Ashfall Fossil Beds State Historical Park
– Royal, 86930 517th Ave.
– May 1-May 26: Tues-Sat 10am-4pm
– May 27-Sept 4: Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 11am-5pm
– Sept 5-Sept 30: Tues-Sat 10am-4pm; Sun 1-4pm
Observe paleontologists unearthing fossils of unique creatures.
Bakers Candies Inc
– Greenwood, 831 South Baker St.
– Mon-Fri 8am-5pm; Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 12-5pm
Bakers Candies proudly manufactures the “Chocolate Meltaway,” known world-wide and synonymous with Nebraska. Passport travelers receive free samples.
– Alliance, 2151 County Road 59
– Daily 8am-7pm
A popular Nebraska landmark, this quirky sculpture will make you smile. Be ready for fun photo opportunities. Get your stamp at the “Carhenge Pit Shop.”
Father Flanagan’s Historic Home
– Boys Town, 14153 Grodinsky Circle
– Mon 10am-2pm; Tues-Wed 10am-4pm; Thurs 10am-2pm; Fri 1-4pm; Sat-Sun 10am-4:30pm
This museum is the former residence of Boys Town’s founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan.
Happy Jack Chalk Mine
– Scotia, 80131 Highway 11
– May 1-May 26: Fri, Sat, Sun 10am-5pm
– May 27-Sep 4: Daily 10am-5pm
– Sept 5-Sept 30: Fri, Sat, Sun 10am-5pm
Discover an underground mine.
Ole’s Big Game Steakhouse
– Paxton, 123 North Oak St.
– Daily 7am-10pm
This popular family eatery features unique displays that showcase the great outdoors. Featuring Nebraska beef and hometown hospitality!
– Lincoln, 1501 North 56th St.
– Daily 10:30am-9pm, drive thru open till 10pm
This location opened in 1966 and is the oldest store in operation. Enjoy a meal and imagine what it was like back in the car hop days. Stamps at this location only.
University of Nebraska State Museum – Morrill Hall
– Lincoln, 645 North 14th St.
– Mon-Wed 9:30am-4:30pm; Thurs 9:30am-8pm; Fri-Sat 9:30am-4:30pm; Sun 1:30-4:30pm
Mingle with the mammoths, dig for fossils, and meet some bizarre creatures.
Spend quality time with your friends and family while enjoying great food and drinks, and meet the Nebraskans behind these destinations.
17 Ranch Winery
– Lewellen,304 Main St.
– Wed-Sat 1-5pm
A “taste of the sandhills,” this western Nebraska winery offers a selection of wines from their vineyard, including their popular rhubarb wine, a regional favorite.
The Chocolate Bar
– Grand Island, 116 West 3rd St.
– Mon-Thurs 7:30am-10pm; Fri 7:30am-12am; Sat 9am-12am
Located in the heart of downtown, this eatery is known for their desserts. Coffee drinks and lunch and dinner entrees are also available.
Glacial Till Tasting Room
– Ashland, 1419 Silver St.
– Mon-Thurs 2-7pm; Fri-Sat 1-9pm; Sun 1-6pm
Taste the wines produced at the Glacial Till winery, located near Palmyra. Offering wine tastings, wine by the glass, bottles, and small appetizers.
Infusion Brewing Company
Visit either location:
– Omaha, 6115 Maple St. (Benson)
– Mon-Wed 3-11pm; Thus-Fri 3pm-2am; Sat 12pm-2am; Sun 12-11pm
– Omaha, 6271 South 118th St.
– Mon-Tues 4-10pm; Wed-Thurs 3-10pm; Fri 3pm-12am; Sat 12pm-12am; Sun 12-8pm
Home of many great beers, including Vanilla Bean Blonde. Be sure to explore the historic Benson neighborhood.
– Seward, 1356 182nd Street
– Thurs 4-9pm; Fri-Sat 12-9pm; Sun 12-6pm; or by appointment
Enjoy a selection of high-quality wines made from locally grown grapes in a beautiful setting. Listen to live music on select days; event schedule is posted on website.
Legends of Clatonia
– Clatonia, 210 Washington St.
– Mon-Sat: Dining 11am-2pm & 5-9pm, bar is open 4pm-close; Sun: Dining 10am-1pm & 5-9pm
This is the place to go for delicious, home-cooked food and desserts, and a salad bar that is one of the best around.
– Hastings, 521 West 2nd St.
– Mon-Wed 11am-3pm & 5-9pm; Thurs-Sat 11am-3pm & 5-10pm
Located in a historic building, this eatery features modern, innovative cuisine and drinks. The menu is constantly evolving. Reservations are recommended.
The Tangled Tumbleweed
– Scottsbluff, 1823 Ave. A
– Wed-Sat 10am-10pm
Offering small plates, delicious soups, desserts and wines in a warm atmosphere that includes a retail area with one-of-a-kind finds.
Join in the Nebraska 150 Celebration! Participate in events and activities to learn about “The Good Life.” More details at: ne150.org.
Legacy of the Plains Museum
– Gering, 2930 Old Oregon Trail
– Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 1-5pm
Located on the Oregon Trail, this museum features an impressive collection of pioneer and early community artifacts.
Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Center
– Chadron, 1000 Main St.
– Mon-Fri 8am-12pm & 1-4pm; Sat 9am-12pm & 1-4pm
Celebrate the life and literature of Mari Sandoz and the culture of the High Plains. Like no other, this center combines an overview of the region from fossils to flora, books to beef.
National Willa Cather Center
– Red Cloud, 413 North Webster St.
– Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 1-5pm
This newly opened museum, archive and cultural center is dedicated to the work and life of Willa Cather. Participate in a contest and receive a special bookmark.
NE 150 Mobile Museum
Truckin’ Through Nebraska is a fun, hands-on museum experience for families. Discover some of the diverse stories that make Nebraska great.
This state-of-the-art mobile museum will visit 42 Nebraska communities. For schedule of locations & dates, visit: ne150.org/museum
Nebraska History Museum
– Lincoln, 131 Centennial Mall North
– Mon-Fri 9am-4:30pm; Sat-Sun 1-4:30pm
The highlight of this museum is “Nebraska Unwrapped,” an exhibit which features 150 unique objects and documents that tell the diverse stories of the state.
Nebraska National Forest, Bessey Ranger District
– Halsey, 40637 River Loop
– Daily 8:30am-5pm (weekends the stamp is available at the campground host or rec building at variable times – call for service)
Leave a living legacy. In honor of Nebraska’s birthday, plant a tree in Nebraska’s forest. Details at: ne150.org.
Nebraska State Capital
– Lincoln, 1445 K Street
– Mon-Fri 8am-5pm; Sat 10am-5pm; Sun 1-5pm
Tours available on the hour, except at noon. This majestic landmark contains artwork representing the natural, social and political development of the state of Nebraska.
Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer
– Grand Island, 3133 West Highway 34
– Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 12-5pm
The 2016 Nebraska Outstanding Tourism Attraction, this 200 acre living history museum features a working 1890’s railroad town, impressive architecture and more.
Create lifelong memories. These lighthearted adventures guarantee people of all ages will have unforgettable fun.
Dusty Trails LLC
– North Platte, 2617 North Buffalo Bill Ave.
– May 1-May 28 & Sept 5-30: by appointment
– May 29-Sept 4: Fri-Sun 12-6pm; Mon-Thurs: by appointment
Offering adventures, including 1-hour horseback rides, wagon rides, tanking and more. Reservations for activities encouraged.
eCreamery Ice Cream & Gelato
– Omaha, 5001 Underwood Ave.
– Mon-Fri 11am-10pm; Sat-Sun 11am-11pm
For Passport travelers, “buy one scoop and get the second free.” Plus, $2 scoops every Tuesday. While you’re there, be sure to explore the historic Dundee neighborhood.
Edgerton Explorit Center
– Aurora, 208 16th St.
– Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 1-5pm
Get excited about science at this interactive museum. Visitors are encouraged to touch and explore their exciting exhibits. Check website for fun special events.
Front Street Steakhouse and Crystal Palace Saloon
– Ogallala, 519 East 1st Street
– Mon-Sat 8am-9pm; Sun 10am-2pm
Get a taste of the Old West at this cafe, saloon and cowboy museum. Enjoy live entertainment each evening at the Crystal Palace Review Show. Call for reservations to the show.
Horn T Zoo
– Monroe, 37692 State Highway 22
– Sat-Sun 11am-5pm
This small-town zoo offers hands-on experiences with animals that visitors never forget. Featuring animals from around the world.
Kimmel Orchard & Vineyard
– Nebraska City, 5995 G Rd.
– Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 11am-5pm
Pick your own fruit at this working orchard; U-Pick is available Thurs-Sun during business hours, based on fruit availability. Visit the Apple Barn for apple doughnuts and more.
– Nebraska City, 711 1st Corso
– 402.713.5163 |
– Mon-Sat 10am-5pm
This independently owned, old fashioned toy store features a unique toy museum with over 45 displays, including action figures, dolls and other toy memorabilia.
UNL Dairy Store
– Lincoln, 38th & Holdrege St.
– Daily 10am-9pm
This popular spot on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s East Campus serves delicious ice cream, cheese and more. This year they are celebrating their 100th anniversary.
Hear intriguing stories about the people and events that shaped these destinations. Enjoy a unique look at the history of Nebraska.
– Broken Bow, 509 South 9th Ave.
– Daily 24 hours
Built in 1928, this historic hotel is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places and offers elegant western charm. Passport travelers receive a special discount.
Fort Cody Trading Post
– North Platte, 221 Halligan Dr.
– May 1-28 & Sept 5-30: Mon-Sat 9am-6pm; Sun 12-6pm
– May 29-Sept 4: Daily 9am-9pm
This truly original gift shop features an old west museum and the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show in Miniature, a folk art display. Passport travelers receive a special gift.
Fort Sidney Museum and Post Commander’s Home
– Sidney, 544 Jackson St.
– Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; Sat-Sun 1-4pm
– Also open by appointment by calling 308.254.2959
This historic fort features a museum, powder magazine and the Commander’s home furnished to period time.
Historic Argo Hotel
– Crofton, 211 West Kansas St.
– Daily 24 hours
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this hotel was built in 1912 to serve railroad traffic and has been restored back to its former grandeur.
Klown Doll Museum
– Plainview, 306 West Park Ave.
– Mon-Sat 1-4:30pm, or by appointment
This museum is home to a fun, unique collection of over 7,000 clown dolls and related items. Located in the Klown Kapital of Nebraska.
Museum of Shadows
– Elmwood, 116 North 4th St.
– Wed-Sat 10am-5pm (last tour goes through at 4pm); Sun 12-5pm (last tour goes through at 3pm)
This 127 year old building houses interesting, spooky artifacts, as well as unusual occurrences. Passport travelers receive a special gift.
– Holdrege, 72993 S Rd.
– Mon-Fri 5:30-9pm; Sat 5:30-10pm; Sun 5:30-9pm
This steakhouse serves excellent dishes and offers an ambiance reminiscent of the 1930’s. Reservations are recommended.
Trails and Rails Museum/BCHS
– Kearney, 710 West 11th St.
– May: Closed May 1st-12th, May 13th-31st: Mon-Fri 1-5pm
– June, July, Aug: Mon-Sat 10am-6pm; Sun 1-5pm
– Sept: Mon-Fri 1-5pm
Tour historic buildings filled with spooky stories.
Find your own creative inspiration. Meet Nebraska’s talented artists, view unique types of art, and create your own works of art.
Artists’ Cooperative Gallery
– Omaha, 405 South 11th St.
– Tues-Thurs 12-6pm; Fri-Sat 11am-10pm; Sun 12-6pm
Featuring the work of superior Nebraska artists, including paintings, pottery, sculpture, glass weavings, jewelry and photography. Be sure to explore the historic Old Market district.
Cedar Creek Pottery
– Beatrice, 27639 South 80th Rd.
– Mon-Sat 10am-5pm
Artist Ervin Dixon showcases his beautiful pottery creations in an old country church. His artful displays feature dried flowers and old wooden relics.
Main Street Studios & Gallery
– Elkhorn, 2610 North Main St.
– Tues-Thurs 10am-6pm; Fri-Sat 10am-7pm
Located in a historic building, this art gallery includes in-house artist studios, offering visitors the opportunity to talk with local artists and watch as they create their works of art.
Pender Quilt Tour
Get your stamp at: Main Street Thriftique
– Pender, 404 Main St.
– Tues-Thurs 10am-2pm; Sat 9am-1pm
See what a rural town has done to bring their community together. Receive a self-guided barn quilt tour map.
When closed, get your stamp at: Uptown Pix, 322 Main Street, Mon-Sat 9am-6pm; Sun 10am-2pm.
– Ashland, 1434 Silver St.
– Tues-Fri 8am-5pm; Sat 8am-2pm; also available by appt.
This boutique for paper, book, and lettering arts features a variety of beautiful letterpress cards, art prints and more. Passport travelers are invited to make a small book to keep.
Prairie Arts Center
– North Platte, 416 North Jeffers St.
– Tues-Sat 11am-4pm
Located in a refurbished Italian Renaissance building, this arts center provides opportunities for self-expression. Passport travelers are invited to create a 5-10 minute art project to keep.
– Springfield, 101 West Main St.
– Wed-Fri 10am-5pm; Sat 10am-4pm; Sun 12-3pm
This quaint shop features an ever changing eclectic mix of vintage and modern decor items, including painted furniture. Get fun ideas for “thinking outside the box.”
Studio K Art Gallery
– Grand Island, 112 West 3rd St.
– Tues-Sat 11am-6pm
Located in a historic building, this gallery features the work of Nebraska artists, including oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, jewelry, mosaics, sculpture, greeting cards and more.
Time spent outdoors will put a smile on your face. These adventures will get you moving while you take in Nebraska’s beautiful scenery.
Ash Hollow State Historical Park
– Lewellen, 4265 US Highway 26
– Tues-Sun 9am-4pm
Attend a Nebraska 150 signature event. Details at: ne150.org.
When closed, get your stamp at The Most Unlikely Place, 205 Main Street in Lewellen, Wed-Sat from 9am-2pm.
Crane Trust Nature & Visitor Center
– Wood River, 9325 South Alda Rd.
– Mon-Sat 9am-5pm
Explore the unique tall grass prairie. This native Platte River habitat has gone virtually unchanged for more than a hundred years. Check website for special events.
Fort Robinson State Park & History Center
– Crawford, 3200 West Highway 20
– Daily 8am-5pm
Explore Pine Ridge scenery, see buffalo and longhorn herds, and experience old west history at the Nebraska State
Historical Society’s History Center.
Niobrara State Park
– Niobrara, 89261 522 Av.
– Daily 8am-5pm
Experience a wide array of outdoor activities, including horseback trail rides, buffalo cookouts, picnicking, swimming, wildlife watching and more.
North Fork Outfitting LLC
– Norfolk, Skyview Marina, off 25th Street
– Daily 1-8pm
Passport travelers receive a special rate for 30 mins. of kayaking, paddle boating and stand-up paddle boards. Reservations not required. More activities on website.
Ponderosa Cyclery + Tour
– Omaha, 4011 Farnam St.
– Tues-Fri 12-8pm; Sat 11am-4pm
Learn about exploring Nebraska on a bike and plan your own adventure. Passport travelers receive a special discount on branded gear. Be sure to explore the Blackstone District.
Red Willow State Recreation Area
– McCook, 72718 Trail 2
– Daily 8am-5pm
Some of the finest fishing and hunting in the state are found here, as well as excellent facilities for camping, swimming, picnicking and more.
Wildcat Hills State Recreation Area
– Gering, 210615 Highway 71
– Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; Sat 10am-5pm; Sun: Office Closed
Explore 531 acres of the region’s signature rugged topography and evergreen-studded canyons. Visit the family sports education center for archery and more.
You’ll feel right at home at these welcoming destinations. Explore beautiful downtown squares, cozy shops, delightful cafes and more.
Aurora Downtown Square
Try to visit both! Get your stamp at either:
– Aurora, 1211 M St.
– Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm; Sat 9am-2pm
This full service florist offers a fabulous selection of gifts and home décor with a vintage farmhouse flair. A family owned business with over 50 years of experience.
The Renaissance Fine Art & Photography Studio
– Aurora, 1210 L St.
– Tues-Fri 1-6pm; Sat 9am-1pm; Sun: by appointment
View an impressive collection of local art and photography, and visit an old time photo booth for a fun Passport souvenir.
Fairbury Downtown Square
Explore this lovely historic downtown area around the Jefferson County Courthouse. Get your stamp at:
Stagecoach Mall Antiques/Main Street Coffee House
– Fairbury, 508 E St.
– Tues-Fri 7:30am-5:30pm; Sat 8am-4pm
This award-winning shopping destination features antiques, collectibles, gift items and a coffee shop.
Ord Downtown Square
Explore this charming area around the Valley County Courthouse. Get your stamp at:
The Golden Husk Theater
– Ord, 129 South 16th St.
– Mon-Tues 9am-4pm; Thurs 9am-4pm; Fri 1-6pm; Sat 9am-2pm; Check website for special events
This historical theater is a hub for engaging creative resources, empowering community connection and enriching quality life. Offering a diverse selection of arts and cultural events.
Our Corner Cottage Gifts
– Wahoo, 1265 County Road 20
– Tues-Fri 11am-6pm; Sat 10am-4pm
Located in the beautiful countryside, this gift shop invites you to relax and enjoy coffee on the cozy porch. Passport travelers receive a special discount.
Polish Heritage Center
– Ashton, 120 Howells Ave.
– Wed-Fri 11am-5pm; Sat 10am-4pm; Sun 11am-4pm
– Also available by appointment by calling 308.738.2260
This center strives to preserve the culture of one of Nebraska’s largest immigrant groups.
Rustic & Red
– Cozad, 139 West 8th St.
– Mon-Sat 10am-6pm
This beautiful store has Nebraska history within its walls. Offering gifts with a rustic twist, this is truly a unique shopping experience in the heart of Nebraska.
Seward Downtown Square
Try to visit both! Get your stamp at either:
Chapters Books & Gifts
– Seward, 548 Seward St.
– Mon-Thurs 9am-5:30pm; Fri 9am-5pm; Sat 10am-3pm
This independent, locally owned book and toy store features a large selection of books by Nebraska authors and about Nebraska. Passport travelers receive a special discount.
Red Path Gallery & Tasting Room
– Seward, 514 Seward St.
– Wed-Thurs 11am-5pm; Fri 11am-8pm; Sat 10am-8pm; Sun 1-4pm
The ultimate Nebraska experience, view the work of Nebraska artists while you enjoy Nebraska-made beverages. Feel the heart of Nebraskans as you enjoy shopping locally.
Tecumseh Downtown Square
Go back in time in this lovely downtown around the Johnson County Courthouse. Get your stamp at:
Johnson County Museum
– Tecumseh, 289 Clay St.
– Tues-Fri 10am-2pm; Sun 12-4pm
Located in a recently restored 1890’s brick building, this museum’s impressive displays depict historic events, helping visitors visualize how the past might have looked.