Discover Nebraska’s Hidden Gems
The purpose of the Nebraska Passport is to help travelers discover Nebraska’s hidden gems. The Nebraska Passport is special because it offers a wide variety of travel adventures, including museums, parks, restaurants, wineries, retail stores and more. The 2021 Nebraska Passport program runs from May 1 to September 30, 2021.
- Modified Hours:
- The Malcolm X Memorial Foundation will be closed on Saturday, August 7th.
- Hyannis Hotel in Hyannis: Mon 4:30 – 9pm
- Bowring Ranch State Historical Park in Merriman: Tues – Sun 9am – 5pm
- Buffalo Records in Kearney: Tues – Wed 4-7pm; Thurs – Sat 12-8pm; Sun 2-4pm
- Clean Slate Soap in Beatrice: Tues – Fri 10am-5:30pm; Sat 9am – 4pm
- Cottonwood Gallery & Arts in Aurora: Tues – Fri 12-5pm; Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 12-5pm
- GoodyPop in York: Tues 10am-5pm; Thurs 10am-7pm; Fri 10am-5pm; Sat 10am-2pm
- Malcolm X Memorial Foundation: Sat – Sun 12-4pm
- Lincoln Children’s Museum in Lincoln: Thurs-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 11am-5pm
- If between hours of 9am-5pm, Mon-Wed ring doorbell and a staffer will provide stamp
- Screamers Restaurant in Lincoln: Wed-Thurs 5-9pm; Fri-Sat 5-10pm
- Reservations required Fri & Sat
- Reservations strongly encouraged Wed & Thurs
- Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer in Grand Island: Daily 9am – 5pm
- Tossed and Found Antiques in Scottsbluff: Tues – Sat 10am – 4pm
Pick up Booklets & Download the App
- Did you know? You can pick up Passport booklets at any of the 70 Passport stops. This is recommended if you want them as soon as possible.
- Also, be sure to check your local tourism office or chamber as some cities keep them on hand throughout the season.
- Every Passport traveler should also download the Nebraska Passport app. Through the app, you will receive notifications about unexpected Passport stop hour changes and important announcements.
- The 2021 Nebraska Passport app update will be available for both iPhones and Androids on May 1, 2021. Simply search for “Nebraska Passport 2021” in your app store. [Minimum requirements are Android 6 and iOS 10.]
Passport Prizes & Donations
- 10 Stamps: $5 in Nebraska Lottery Coupons* and commemorative magnet
- 25 Stamps: Visit Nebraska Calender
- 50 Stamps: Nebraska Passport canvas bag
- 70 Stamps: Passport champion t-shirt and picnic blanket as well as an additional $45 in Nebraska Lottery coupons*
- Additional champion kids prize: Voucher for free admission at Tree Adventures at Arbor Day Farm
- NOTE: Participants must be 19-years old or older by Oct 1, 2021 to recieve lottery vouchers. Parents connot recieve vouchers on their child’s behalf.
Prize Donation Drawings:
- Prize Drawings for those who reach 70 stops:
- Omaha Steaks Monthly Steak Box
- One Combo Meal a Week for a Year from Runza Restaurants
- Three two-night stays at select Nebraska Game and Parks properties
- Two-bedroom cabin at winner’s choice of one of these properties: E.T. Mahoney State Park, Platte River State Park, Ponca State Park, Niobrara State Park, Chadron State Park, Fort Robinson State Park or a caboose at Two Rivers State Recreation Area
- Upgrades available, subject to additional fees and availability
- Prizes Drawings for at least 1 stamp:
- $300 worth of Nebraska Lottery Scratch Tickets (must be 19-years old or older)
- $250 gift card from Pump & Pantry
- Prize donations from current and past Passport stops
Please allow up to 12 weeks after the conclusion of the program (Dec 23) for shipment of prizes.
Nebraska Passport’s Impact
According to the study done by Dean Runyan Associates, in 2019, the Nebraska Passport program not only generated $23.7 million in traveler spending but $1.9 million in state and local tax revenue. For every dollar Nebraska Tourism invested in the program, $150 was generated in traveler spending and $12.30 was generated in tax revenue. Participants included residents from 37 states and 418 Nebraska communities. Additionally, the study found that 82 percent of passport participants made an overnight trip with 81 percent of them staying in traditional lodging.