Discover Nebraska’s Hidden Gems
The purpose of the Nebraska Passport is to help travelers discover Nebraska’s hidden gems. The Nebraska Passport is special because it offers a wide variety of travel adventures, including museums, parks, restaurants, wineries, retail stores and more. The program runs from June 1 to October 31, 2020.
2020 Passport Updates
- Driving directions to Harmony Nursery and Daylily Farm:
- If coming from York, take Hwy 81 north about eight miles to Rd 22/93C. Turn west and continue for 5 3/4 miles, the destination will be on the south side.
- Fort Kearny: Fall hours are now 10am-4pm daily.
- Genoa Indian School – Genoa: Additional secondary stamp location at AJ’s of Genoa, 221 Willard Ave.
- Henderson Mennonite Heritage Park: Closed for the season. Physical stamps are still available on the porch.
- Lo Sole Mio Ristorante Italiano – Omaha: No longer participating. Digital stamp automatically applied to all participants.
- Pop Corner – North Platte: Serving limited menu on Saturdays.
- Simpler Thymes Flower Farm: Closed for the season. No longer offering physical stamps. Digital stamps and selfies are available.
- Tree Adventure at Arbor Day Farms new fall hours: Tues-Thurs 9am-5pm, Fri-Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 9am-5pm.
- COVID-19 STOP CLOSURES
- Faith’s BackRoad BBQ – Lynch: Closed until further notice.
- Hudson-Meng Education and Research Center: Closed until further notice.
- Stamps can be gained at Nebraska National Forest and Grasslands office in Chadron at 125 N. Main Street, weekdays 8:30am-4pm.
- The Most Unlikely Place – Lewellen: Closed until further notice.
- Wilber Czech Museum – Wilber: Closed until further notice.
- Stamps can be gained at Frank’s Smokehouse at 217 W 3rd St, Mon-Sat 8:30am-6pm and Sun 10am-4pm.
Stamps for these four stops will be automatically applied to all participants at the end of the program.
Note: These stamps will not be reflected in the app. No further action is required to obtain stamps.
- COVID-19 STOP MODIFIED HOURS
- 242 House Bar & Restaurant- Cozad: Reservations required. Enter through patio/garage door. Hours: Wed 5-9pm; Thurs, Fri & Sat 12-2pm; 5-9pm
- Auntie D’s Gift and Coffee Shop – Valentine: Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm, Sat 8am-5pm.
- Bolo Beer Co – Valentine: Wed-Sat 4-10pm
- Bone Creek Museum – David City: Wed 10am-4pm, Thurs 10am-6pm, Fri-Sat 10am-4pm, Sun 1-4pm.
- Brewery 719 – Alliance: Wed-Thurs 4-9pm, Fri 4-10pm, Sat 2-10pm.
- Cellar 426 – Ashland: Mon 1-7pm, Wed-Thurs 1-7pm, Fri 1-9pm, Sat 12-5pm – closes at 5pm for private events. Sun 12-6pm.
- Chances “R” – York: Mon-Thur 10:30am-9pm. Fri-Sat 7am-10pm. Sun 8am-9pm. Saturday Night Prime Rib Buffett and Sunday Brunch is discontinued until further notice. Handsfree salad bar Mon-Fri available 11am-2pm.
- Classic Car Collection – Kearney: Fri-Sun 12-5pm.
- Double Dips Ice Creamery – North Platte: Mon-Thurs 12-9pm; Fri-Sat 12-10pm. NOTE: Sidewalk and road construction in front of store. Call if you need further directions.
- French Door Antique Mall & Creative Boutique – Sidney: Tues-Fri 12-4pm, Sat 10am-4pm.
- Gallery Nine – Lincoln: Fri-Sat 12-5pm or by appointment.
- Honeybees in the Heartland – Aubrun. El Portal: Sun-Thurs 11-8pm. Cafe Metro: Mon-Fri 5:30am-1:30pm.
- Made in Omaha – Omaha: Mon-Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 12-5pm.
- Mac’s Drive-In – McCook: Starting Sept 1, Mon-Sat 11am-4pm.
- The Next Chapter – Omaha: Mon-Sat 10am-6:30pm, Sun 12-5pm
- One of the World’s Largest Porch Swings – Hebron: Majestic Theater, closed. Amanda’s Cottage Flowers open.
- Platte County Museum – Mon-Fri 8:30am-1:30pm, Sat-Sun by appointment only, 1-4pm.
- Rosita’s Restaurant – Scottsbluff: Sun-Thurs 10:30am-8:20pm, Fri-Sat 10:30am-9pm. Patio open, indoor dining by reservation only.
- Salt Creek Mercantile – Ashland: Mon-Sat 9am-5pm.
- Tow Line Co – Fremont: Wed 5:30-10pm, Thurs 5:30-7pm, Fri 5:30-10pm, Sat 9am-8pm, Sun 9am-7pm. Take out only.
- Village Pizza – Hemingford: Mon-Thurs 11am-8pm; Fri-Sat 11am-9pm.
Please note, this is not a comprehensive list and stops make daily decisions regarding their hours due to COVID-19.
Order Booklets & Download the App
The form for requesting the 2020 Passport is available here:
- Every Passport traveler should also download the Nebraska Passport app. Through the app you will receive notifications about unexpected Passport stop hour changes and important announcements.
- The 2020 Nebraska Passport app update will be available for both iPhones and Androids on June 1, 2020. Simply search for “Nebraska Passport 2020” in your app store. [Minimum requirements are Android 6 and iOS 10.]
2021 Nebraska Passport Application
The application for the 2021 Nebraska Passport program is now open!
Deadline: November 30, 2020
More information about becoming a Passport stop can be found here.
2019 Nebraska Passport Results
2019 was a record-breaking year for the Nebraska Passport!
- 50,000+ travelers participated from 448 Nebraska communities and 37 states.
- 914 participants visited all 70 stops.
- 6,751 participants submitted prize entries.
- 154,755 stamps were collected.
- 23 was the average number of stamps per participant.
Nebraska Passport’s Impact
According to the study done by Dean Runyan Associates, in 2019, the Nebraska Passport program not only generated $23.7 million in traveler spending but $1.9 million in state and local tax revenue. For every dollar Nebraska Tourism invested in the program, $150 was generated in traveler spending and $12.30 was generated in tax revenue. Participants included residents from 37 states and 418 Nebraska communities. Additionally, the study found that 82 percent of passport participants made an overnight trip with 81 percent of them staying in traditional lodging.